[BC] Question About 6 Michigan FM Stations

Paul Smith W4KNX paul
Fri Oct 7 16:20:19 CDT 2005

A well placed shot from a .22 into the antenna will put it out of it's
misery....
If it's in Adrian, maybe you could get Ted Nugent to put an arrow thru
it....

Paul Smith
Sarasota, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Bill Kressbach
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 5:13 PM
To: Broadcast Radio Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Question About 6 Michigan FM Stations

There's also a 10 watt translator in Adrian, MI on 88.9 about a block from
me.  It interferes with my LP1 on 89.1.  Mostly silent since last Spring but
when it's on, the audio is very distorted with lots of un-modulated carrier
sometimes lasting for weeks.  It sometimes captures another station which
comes booming in.

About three weeks after having been dark for months it suddenly came on the
air rebroadcasting a station out of Ohio.  It stayed on for about 24 hours
then went to un-modulated carrier for about 2 weeks and then went dark
again.

Programming is religious and originates in Mt. Pleasant.  I have heard
several 'underwriting' announcements that have been over the line.
Particularly some right wing candidate during the last elections.  They have
been sited at least once.

http://www.michiguide.com/dials/owners/glcb.html

Bill

> >Do any of you know anything about or live within the coverage area of any
of
> >the following 6 stations:
> >
> >WJKQ 88.5 Jackson, MI
> >WAAQ 88.3 Onsted,
> >WAQQ88.1 Rogers Heights, MI
> >WKHN 88.1 Hubbard Lake, MI
> >WPQZ 88.1 Muskegon, MI
> >WMSQ 89.3 Marlette, MI
> >
> >The stations are either owned by Great Lakes Community Brpoadcasting or
> >Great Lakes Academy. Some of them are silent. The owner is listed as
James