[BC] 207 Trick, was Re: Satellite EAS

R J Carpenter rcarpen
Fri Oct 7 05:10:21 CDT 2005

One can place Delphi SkiFi and Roady (and probably MyFi) radios in a
diagnostic mode by the following sequence of button pushes:

Turn the radio OFF,

Press buttons 2   0  7  one-at-a-time in that order.

SkyFi - Momentarily press the XM button in the middle of the big round
tuning knob

Roady - Momentarily depress the tuning wheel

The radio will now start.

Press the Display button repeatedly until you get diagnostic displays.
One of the displays will show BER and other things for each of the
three receivers (sat1 sat2 terrestrial)  Another will show which
sources are taking part in the output. The AGC for the two sat
channels seem to be tied together on my SkiFi. I suspect that S/N is
inferred from BER.

Continued pressing of Display gets other displays showing internal
conditions of the radio, the release date of software??, etc.
Eventually you cycle back to the normal choices that the Display
button offers.  The radio returns to normal mode when you turn it off.
The equivalent sequence for the old Sonys is:

Turn radio off.

Simultaneously hold down on the 5 pushbutton and the tuning roller on
top of the radio.

The radio turns on and additional displays are available in the
Sattings sequence.  One shows errors per signal source, etc.

I hope this is useful.

bob c.