[BC] got my vote

Scott Cason scott
Thu Oct 6 14:09:35 CDT 2005

>>Someone snips you guy wires you can take action. Otherwise, no. No
lobbyists allowed, or needed, since it's a
free for all. You don't have to beg or buy anyone for permission.  I'm sure
this approach would please real Conservatives and Libertarians. What more
could we ask for?

Well, this conservative loves the idea and has proposed it before.  Let the
FCC act as a spectrum cop and that's all.  Lift all caps and let them kill
each other.  What I predict will happen is while all the big guys are trying
to out do each other, they won't notice other forms of entertainment and
information that will arrive on the scene and steal away listeners and
viewers.  By the time they do realize it, it will be too late.  Seriously,
let them buy up what they want.  What will probably happen over time is
other content providers will figure out a way to give the listeners content
they want, and the consumers will gravitate toward the new, upstart,
maverick providers.  The old media will start to whine and complain and say
that everything they want isn't enough, they need more.

Wait, that's going on now.

Scott Cason
LaGrange Communications, LLC
502-213-0024