[BC] TV tower kills birds

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Thu Oct 6 12:37:09 CDT 2005

i think it varies somewhat due to location because there are more bird
accidents in areas under migratory bird flyways.    I recall reading that
migrating birds fly up through part of texas so there's some area down there
where there might be a lot of them hitting towers, and i have heard that
chicago is under or near a flyway so at certain times of the year the taller
buildings there do something to make the birds see them.   I had this idea
that migrating birds got pretty high up--high enough to miss ground
structures, but i guess not.

rob atkinson
st. charles IL

<<<is this just some sort of anomaly, or is this more common than I thought?
In the 15+ years I have been in broadcasting (I'm a neophyte- I know) I have
yet to see a dead bird at the tower site, and I've been to a few. Is this a
regional
issue?>>>