[BC] Satellite EAS

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Oct 6 11:15:23 CDT 2005

------ At 07:18 AM 10/6/2005, RokprtMike at aol.com wrote: -------

>Terrestrial radio is not on a level playing field, satellite radio is given
>a dual advantage for one reason or another. You can receive them from space
>or on the ground in many areas.

Read my modest proposal. It will solve all these problems. The
problem with any satellite service is that nearly any object blocking
line of sight (even if you can't see the satellite) blocks the
signal. Areas with tall buildings and large trees may block the
signal. I live in Western MA where many roads are covered by
overhanging trees. I loose both SIRIUS and XM signals very often when
trees have leaves. My problem is that my area isn't big enough to
deserve repeaters, so the signal just goes away.

Many receivers will tell you if you're receiving the satellite or the
repeater. I'm wondering what those of us without repeaters are
supposed to do with the portable Walkman-type units when we're indoors.

Rich