[BC] Another BAD website.......

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Oct 5 18:34:30 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/05/2005 2:31:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mwamdx at earthlink.net writes:

> Other blind people obviously don't agree with my philosophy
>  but I never saw any good in antagonizing someone.  It seems
>  to me that some people were born to advocate (annoy) but
>  that's not me.

Interesting perspective, and I fully appreciate it. My best friend is legally
blind. He also feels similarly with regards to much of the "advocacy" groups
which are little more than "poor me" clubs. (We won't name them, I'm sure you
know them.)

All I was advocating was that there should (at the very minimum) a
requirement that WEBsites at least offer a *minimal* support for blind users, such as a
toll-free number in plain text, so that your assistance devices can read it to
you. If Macromedia is actually making methods for text-based browsers to read
the stuff in Flash, that is a very good thing. The ball is clearly in the
WEBsite Designer's court, though.

Willie...