[BC] RAIN report: HD Radio's Creative Thinking

Scott Fybush scott
Wed Oct 5 16:10:24 CDT 2005

>There's an interesting article whereby Cox is purportedly re-addressing
>the HD Radio user interface to the listener.  Apparently, RBR has also
>presented their own proposal.
>
>http://www.rbr.com/epaper/pages/october05/05-194_news1.html

RBR's proposal, whereby a station on 88.1 gets to have HD Radio
designations "2010" through "2019", up to 107.9 getting "3000" through
"3009," makes my inner geek all warm and tingly. Suppose the business folks
at RBR know that 88.1 is already "201" and that 107.9's already "300"?
Who'd have thought that the old FM channel numbers would have a use again,
all these years later?