[BC] Radio Station Content

Tom Dimeo mwamdx
Wed Oct 5 15:33:11 CDT 2005

Each morning for decades I've been getting local news on WHP
580 (a Clear Channel station) but in recent weeks that has
changed.  Now there is a man and a woman doing the news on
WHP and it is embarrassing to listen to them.  They mumble
words, swallow syllables, start a news story and then restart
it, mispronounce words and it's difficult to follow what they
are saying.  This isn't just occasionally, but on every
newscast.  The writing is terrible too.  I don't think their
news stories ever answer the five "Ws" and the "H" questions,
who, what, when, where, why and how.  Isn't this taught in
journalism courses anymore?

I don't especially care for Fox News either that WHP now
carries.

For good local news I now listen to WDAC 94.5 FM Lancaster.

It is definitely lack of content that drove me away from WHP.

Tom

** Original Message From: DANA PUOPOLO **