[BC] Clear Channel Wants More?

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Oct 5 14:50:19 CDT 2005

------ At 12:26 PM 10/5/2005, George Nicholas wrote: -------

>Rich - Depending on the definition, you'd be surprised at how many stations
>make up a "market."  Based on the previous Arbitron definition of the area
>covered by the stations with common city-grade overlap,

Actually, I wouldn't. That's why I asked for a definition of what
would qualify. BIA generally lists stations by City of License, not
the number of receivable signals. Boston and Providence would be a
good example. Most Boston stations are receivable in Providence.
Would that qualify Providence as a metro of 60 stations? It's also a
direct shot over water to New York. Would those stations count toward
the total? In some areas of New England, cities are so close together
that we can receive more stations than New York can.

If City of License is the criteria would stations licensed to Newark,
NJ but with transmitters on the Empire be included?

It was a broad plea for government help and didn't provide definitions.

It still reminds me of Lee Iacocca asking for government help because
it would be too expensive to design cars that actually fit the
Japanese market.

Rich