NOT....Re: [BC] Clear Channel Wants More?

Kirk Harnack kirk
Wed Oct 5 10:39:17 CDT 2005

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "DANA PUOPOLO" <dpuopolo at usa.net>
>
> Mike,
>
> No one helps ME when another contract engineer comes into town and sets his
> rates 10 bucks below the market. I don't go whining to my Congressman about
> it. I adapt. That's what COMPETITION is all about!

There's no Federal law limiting you to contracting with only 8 stations,
either.  What if there was?  Would you be in favor of making it 12
stations?  What if you could work for only 8 stations, and that wasn't
enough to make a living?

Moreover, I hope that you're well worth $10 over another guy.  If your
customers don't think so, they deserve what they get from the cheaper guy.

10 years ago I was NOT the cheapest contract engineer around - not by a
long shot.  Still, my little firm had over 50 regular customers.  The
Federal Gov't didn't regulate how many I could contract with.  If it
did, I'd be asking my congressman for relief, too.

Best!

Kirk Harnack