[BC] "Portable" freq. agile AM TX

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Mon Oct 3 13:22:10 CDT 2005

It would probably work for the bottom 4 without any major changes, but
the 760 would require the major retune.

To my Knowledge none of the AM boxes are frequency agile. This is
primarily due to the output network tuning and the 3rd harmonic trap.

I talked to the Armstrong people about this briefly in Philly, I'm not
sure how their output network is set up but they indicated it's not a
major retuning job as long as you stay on one end of the band.

I have no idea what the output network on the BE or the DAX are like. If
the DAX uses the same design network as the Gates series it would be a
very complicated retune, and not for the faint of heart (or those
without good test equipment) in the field.

If you had (like you do) a set of known stations for the unit to cover
then to the obvious choice to me, would be to have one tuned to each
frequency with any caps marked as to which frequencies to use them for
and all coil taps/positions marled ahead of time. This way you could
retune in minutes when the time came.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885