[BC] XM Radio Interference

David Lawrence <david@onlinetonight.net> reader
Mon Oct 3 12:53:55 CDT 2005

On 10/2/05 8:48 PM, one Radiofldude at aol.com <Radiofldude at aol.com> wrote:

 > My friend from Titusville, FL has his XM Radio transmitting to his
car  radio
 > on 91.7Fm! Titusville is about 25 miles north of me here in Cocoa.
 >
 > Within 1 mile of the WMIE 91.5 tower here in Cocoa(1 mile from me
at  WTIR)..
 > he can't hear XM cuse WMIE bleeds in so bad that XM is  unlistenable.
 >
 > Blah, pain in the ass.. i guess thats what 20kw/80feet HAAT will do to  ya!
 >
 > Paul Walker
 > Cocoa, FL

Why would you think this has anything to do with XM? He's using an FM
injector, and whatever the source is, cassette, CD player, walkman, XM,
whatever, the injector's being overridden by a stronger signal from a nearby
transmitter and antenna on the first adjacent frequency.

I don't understand what your beef is with XM.

David