[BC] XM Radio Interference

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Oct 3 07:58:37 CDT 2005

In a message dated 10/03/2005 08:29:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sid at wrko.com
writes:

> The quick-and-dirty solution is to remove the car antenna.   When I
>  installed a Roady2 in my wife's car, up here in the frequency-congested
>  northeast, the only way to avoid interference was to remove the antenna.
>   You'd have to be literally on top of the transmitter for interference
>  to occur with the antenna missing.

I thought that the XM (or Sirius) units defaulted to 87.9? Has the guy Paul
referenced tried *that* frequerncy? Just for kicks one day, I punched it in on
my FM as I drove home. (About 15 minutes) I only heard one, very brief signal
appear and disappear. Since I really don't care to listen to 15 minutes of
static, I haven't bothered to repeat this experiment. ; )

Willie...