[BC] call letters and their slogans

Dennis Cope dcope
Sun Oct 2 18:34:23 CDT 2005

Thanks Peter, :-)
I knew I was close (but no doughnut) and I am the worlds worst speller.

Dennis
WCTG, WESR

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of PeterH5322 at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 17:59
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: Re: RE: [BC] call letters and their slogans

>W-R-K-O (Boston) Royal Keaf Orpium <spelling>

RADIO KEITH ORPHEUM

"Radio" referred to Radio Corporation of America.

"Keith" and "Orpheum" both referred to theater circuits of the same name.

Later, referred to R-K-O Radio Pictures.

Still later, referred to General Teleradio, which was the 50s/60s/70s
parent corporation of this and other stations in the former Don Lee radio
system, including WRKO, Boston, WOR, New York, KHJ, Los Angeles, KFRC,
San Francisco, CKLW, Windsor, Ontario (Detroit), etcetera.