[BC] Reflecting on a stack of QST and CQ magazines...

Tom Bosscher tom
Tue May 31 10:09:03 CDT 2005

WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:
  >>tom bosscher  K8TB
>
> Tom? New Call?

	Ya, somebody had to die for that to happen. Really!

25 odd years ago when the vanity calls first became available, K8TB was
the only call I wanted. I futzed a wee bit too long. So finally I decide
to go for the Extra, but I make a last minute check with the FCC, and
the call was in use.

	For whatever reason, last fall, I looked the call back up and put the
place holders name into Google. Up came his obituary! You have to wait
two years and one day to delete a call with the FCC, and he had died two
years and two weeks ago! So I ordered his death certificate off the
Genesee county web site, faxed that and a cover letter into the FCC, 48
hours later they deleted his call. By then my application was in. Eleven
days later I got it.

	Licensed with WN8URE/WA8URE since 1966. Still fakes out by ham radio
buddies.

		Kilo 8 Tango Brave