[BC] TELLABS Audio DA

CBoone CBoone
Tue May 31 07:21:11 CDT 2005

Trying to get schematics for Tellabs cards was basically impossible (unless
you were a LARGE customer of theirs)..
When I was working for Gulf States Utilities in the telecom dept, I needed
to modify a 4003 loopback module for 0db gain (It provided +23, -16, +16 and
+9 !!! Telco thing on the 9!)....All it would require was a couple of
resistor changes on the opamp....so asked Tellabs for a schematic or even
partial for the 4003...NO CAN DO was the answer...so Tellabs did it for
us....$250 engineering fee (give me a break!) and then $50 more per unit for
the 4003C-M3.
We DID have some schematics of one of their cards (I think the 4001 amp
card) because of some engineer at Tellabs that went to school with one of
our Sr PEs....but that was it...

Might try contacting Tellabs and see if you can get one from them (with all
their analog cards out of production, it may be easier to beg from them
now..BTW plenty of their cards still in use by a lot of utilities, etc that
run analog microwave and remote ckts. I know of at least 3 utils in TX and
La that still do...and they aint small :)

Chris