[BC] horns

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Sun May 29 12:55:39 CDT 2005

Maybe you remember this BSP (no. 770-130-301) also
posted on Albert LaFrance's Long Lines site.  He calls
it "The Definitive Treatise on Floor Sweeping" and it
covers the subject in great detail.  For instance...

-- There are four classifications of sweeping (Light,
Heavy, Stairway, and Pickup); the first three are
usually performed on scheduled routines.

-- There are seven essential tools required for floor
sweeping (Quiz: How many of you can name all of them?)

-- Choice of the 16" or 30" brush depends on the area
to be cleaned and obstructions encountered.

-- The proper angle of the brush is such that the
bristles set nearly flat on the floor with the forward
bristles slightly off the floor.

... and that's just from the first of three pages:

http://long-lines.net/documents/BSP-770-130-301/BSP-770-130-301-p1.html

Apparently, this what the Bell Labs staff spent their
time writing when they weren't busy inventing things
like transistors.

Mark