[BC] Re: BPL Flaws

Tom Taggart tpt
Sat May 28 06:15:46 CDT 2005

A friend has bought some of those AT&T installations with the big
fiberglass horns.  They do cost a considerable amount to remove, even from
a free-standing tower.  They are around a 1,000 pounds each of steel and
fiberglass.

As to keeping horns up on a building "just in case,"  I doubt it.  They've
gone to fiber.  My friend bought one AT&T tower in farm country where AT&T
just left everything in place--microwave equipment, complete 48 volt dc
supply system including a large battery bank to run it.  Flip the right
breakers on and everything came up--four years after they abandoned it.