[BC] Re: BPL Flaws

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp
Fri May 27 17:09:25 CDT 2005

>You might want to look at an article called Seven Ways To Get Broadband at
>www.forbes.com <http://www.forbes.com/>
>Gil & Judy Gillivan

>I took a look. I could hardly contain my laughter.
>Jerry Mathis
Yes, at first glance it's a howler: somewhere between Stratovision and
Marti TV. But I kinda like the idea, as such blimps could potentially offer
a third data path redundancy to back up fragile, hard-to-replace satellites
and "backhoe fade"-prone fiber.

(I was once told by a former Bell manager the forest of microwave horns
remained atop their building downtown as they would be "too costly to
remove," but I wonder: considering the real risk and potential
liability--which I'm sure they methodically figured into their removal
survey--of leaving hefty disused tower structure standing in the center of
town ... if they were left up "just in case.")