[BC] Favored UPS units / Batteries

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Thu May 26 22:42:17 CDT 2005

I've been playing with AGM batteries, I've been getting 33AH batteries
for $30 from a wholesaler here. In all my test they have far
outperformed gel cells or flooded cell units. I still wonder how they
will react over time to the charging circuits set up for gel cells. They
seem to prefer a standard flooded cell type charge. These you can put in
a radio station. I've got a BEST 15KVA ferrups that I have 4 of the 33AH
batts in so far so good..
Alan

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT