[BC] Attack of the Demon Dimmers

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32
Thu May 26 16:28:11 CDT 2005

This is what has happened to the AM broadcast band. The FCC has totally
abdicated its responsibility to police unintended and unwanted RF emissions.
Light dimmers, fluorescent lights, a resurgence of neon lights, the
ever-growing number of computers (all w/switching power supplies), etc. etc.
etc. This is why I keep saying that the FCC needs to create a new band and
allow AM stations to migrate there.

They had the opportunity to do this with digital radio, and they TOTALLY
blew it, IMHO.

Jerry Mathis
Clear Channel Radio, Tupelo & Meridian MS