[BC] Favored UPS units

tosenkowsky@prodigy.net tosenkowsky
Thu May 26 12:47:42 CDT 2005

>And since Powerware bought BEST, I've seen a decline in their quality of
>product.

How true! Been thre, experienced that! I have A BEST Fortress 2250 That has
worked very well under brownout, blackout and spike conditions. A second
Fortress died, Powerware refused repair and their recommended replacement
was too large for the rack. Powerware's next 'best' replacement failed to
protect against momentary outages...a total mess.

The older designs with more iron were much better performers in comparison
to their newer silicon based offerings. Check out Superior Electric's line.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE