[BC] Favored UPS units

Williams, Chris Albuquerque chrisw
Thu May 26 12:14:07 CDT 2005

Powerware 9125 1450VA Online UPS or double conversion, also you can add
battery run time by adding battery modules. Harris price is like 800 I
think.

http://www.powerware.com/ups/9125rm_ups.asp

My 2 cents

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of
jyrussell at academicplanet.com
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:44 AM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: [BC] Favored UPS units

Which brand UPS units do you prefer for your servers, and why?

I am finally getting to shop for some new ones; I'm comparing APC versus
Oneac and Belkin for starters.  I'd like to stay away from brands that
can't handle all the various powerconditioning and pretty regular
spikes... but don't necessarily need "medical grade" units...  (for
example... the last SyCom somebody smart bought me and told me to use
lasted for 1 ONE 1 hit... ! Now it's just a surge protector strip!)

Jason