[BC] efficiency vs height

PeterH5322@aol.com PeterH5322
Wed May 25 10:04:23 CDT 2005

>> Best overall performance for a high-powered station with a non-sectional
>> radiator is at 5/9-lambda, which is 0.556. This is 200 degrees.
>
>But doesn't this assume a very thin radiator?

No, it assumes a radiator of conventional uniform cross-section, about 3
feet.

>IOW, if a very large face is used won't 195 physical approximate 200
electrical?

Sure, as one would expect of a radiator with a very large uniform
cross-section, about 9 feet.

Physical height may be of significance to tower erectors and to the FAA,
but whenever I use the term "height", I always mean electrical height,
and nothing else, unless otherwise qualified.