[BC] vestments (II)

Clive Warner clive
Tue May 24 16:09:14 CDT 2005

>I tried coming in to work in nice Dockers and a pressed sport shirt and the
>reaction was "who does he think he is, dressing up like that for only being
>an engineer".
Haha! So true. I went on holiday in Texas and while there, this was in 76,
spent about $500 in Ryan's Ranch and Saddle Supply.

Back in New Street, Chelmsford (Marconi) I walked through the factory on my
way to installations dept. and was soon called before a very senior
management person who accused me of wearing 'inappropriate clothing'.
I was wearing tailored Levis, cream antelope cowboy boots, a rodeo belt
laden with silver conchos, a panel-embroidered cowboy shirt with sleeve
pockets, a scorpion bolo tie, and a stagecoach straw hat.

It transpired that a lot of people had thought it was some rich American
buyer come to visit, and got extremely pissed off to be informed it was one
of the damnable installation engineers, who as 'everyone knew' bathed in
their expense accounts!
Clive