[BC] Look Professional and Be Professional

khcs@juno.com khcs
Mon May 23 20:30:08 CDT 2005

Bill explained:

?Good appearance is part and parcel to good professional attitude.  If you
are proud of yourself, proud of your ability and proud of your profession,
you'll show it.  If you dress slovenly and carelessly, You are setting
yourself up to expect to be treated the same.

Absolutely!  I couldn't have said it better myself!  I used to dress the part of the penultimate slob, justifying it by saying I might have to get dirty, so why not?  But next time you take your car in for service, notice that the mechanics at least start out the day with clean uniforms.  If I get my dress pants dirty while I'm wrestling a plate transformer out of a transmitter, so what?  At least then I would have an excuse for looking a little dirty and disheveled.  A little Tide will get the dirt out, so there's no excuse for coming to work messy.  If I had stayed a slob, I doubt that I now would be a General Mangler.  So, yes -- I agree 1000%!

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA