[BC] Lightning

Mario Hieb, P.E. mario
Mon May 23 15:13:19 CDT 2005

I know I sound disagreeable too much of the time...

But I respectfully disagree about lightning...

Improperly designed lightning systems have killed people, destroyed
property, etc. I believe that in Florida, a lightning systems design must
get stamped along with other electrical designs.

Mario

At 01:35 PM 5/23/2005, you wrote:
>Message: 22
>Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:56:12 -0400
>From: "Robert Meuser" <robertm at broadcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [BC] Is broadcast engineering a profession?
>
>On 23 May 2005 at 11:15, Mario Hieb, P.E. wrote:
>
> > Often, the station engineer is the only one who knows
> > about the RFR issue or lightning safety.
>
>Any station engineer who takes on those issues alone is a fool. RFR is an
>issue where
>hiring a professional is the best solution, other than very basic issues.
>Lightning
>safety???? A strange term. Dealing with lightning is really part of
>construction and not
>an ongoing issue (other than repairs after lightning damage).

Mario Hieb, P.E.
Consulting Engineer

36 H St. #2
Salt Lake City, UT 84103