[BC] Event coordination

Mario Hieb, P.E. mario
Mon May 23 12:51:08 CDT 2005

Ron,

I'll say it again: event coordination is different than local station
coordination. The FCC sees it as a totally different animal. If the event
needs a license, the event sponsor (NFL in this case) holds the STA.

The NFL doesn't use that many channels, but the TV networks do, and they
probably have the greatest chance of interfering with local broadcasters.
Legally, the event is responsible for any interference to incumbent licencees.

Assuming that broadcast engineers are professionals and that SBE is a
professional organization, they shouldn't be subsidizing the NFL.

SBE is poor, NFL is rich. It's their event and their problem, they should
pay the bill, and pay the frequency coordinators appropriately (I think the
hot dog vendors make more.) Does this seem fair to you?

Mario

At 11:02 AM 5/23/2005, you wrote:

>Message: 17
>Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:46:00 -0700
>From: "Ron Castro" <ronc at sonic.net>
>Subject: Re: [BC] NFL pleading poverty
>
>IIRC, the NFL is not a licensee, therefore has 'no dog in that fight' when
>it comes to coordination of broadcast licensees. The licensees are
>responsible for coordination...the NFL has nothing to do with any RF, except
>for their own wireless field communications equipment and standard
>'itinerate business communications frequencies.  I don't see how the SBE
>coordinating licensed stations is any different than the standard
>coordination they had done for years for the whole broadcast industry.
>
>And you still haven't told us Mario, what's your beef with the NFL?  Did you
>lose a big bet on the Superbowl?
>
>Ron Castro
>Chief Technical Officer
>Results Radio, LLC