[BC] GDC pay

Mario Hieb, P.E. mario
Mon May 23 12:33:10 CDT 2005

Mike,

My facts are straight; straight from the horses mouth.

Ray Benedict maintains that you are volunteers, but that you get a $100
"gratuity" (his words.) Perhaps the IRS would consider that "pay."

Is the amount you get paid actually $100? Seems a bit low for a skilled
professional considering that the NFL gets about $2.5 billion per year for
broadcast rights.

Mario

At 11:02 AM 5/23/2005, you wrote:
>Message: 9
>Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:13:24 -0500
>From: Mike McCarthy <Towers at mre.com>
>Subject: Re: [BC] NFL pleading poverty
>
>Mario,
>
>Why can't you correctly understand this?  The NFL doesn't get the local
>game day coordination for free..anymore.  They PAY the local coordinator
>for each game they work.  I am a GDC and I have been paid for every game
>I've worked the past 3 years, including playoff and away games.
>
>Please get your facts straight.
>
>MM

Mario Hieb, P.E.
Consulting Engineer