[BC] Harry Harrison interview

Clive Warner clive
Sun May 22 17:24:33 CDT 2005

I apologise for the cross-post, this is a brief item from The Radio Report
by Hans Knot (hknot at home.nl) and I thought there would likely be many on
this list that might like to hear it. Apparently Harrison was the mayor of
New York as well as being in radio.
- Clive

Dear Hans: 'Hi, this is Larry Ware from Peoria, IL. I have completed the
interview with Harry Harrison, the New York radio personality who worked at
WMCA, WABC, and currently is on Saturdays on WCBS-FM. This interview
entitled "When the Red Light Goes On I Talk" will be posted on
www.Reelradio.com this coming Sunday, May 1st in streaming audio. The
interview is an audio biography which covers his life in broadcasting from
his beginnings in Chicago, IL at WCFL (1953), his seasoning at Peoria's own
WPEO radio (1954 - 1959), and his big leap into the New York market in 1959.
It is just under two hours in length and took just under six months to
complete."