[BC] Inexpensive exciter

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Sun May 22 16:02:14 CDT 2005

I had a QEI 675 at a class D college station start throwing spurs on the
aircraft band! Pilots on approach to Logan Airport in Boston were hearing
reggae on their radios! The FCC came and ordered the station off the air. They
wound up getting a 1000 dollar fine too!
Needless to say, they bought a new Bext transmitter the very next day!

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Fred Morton" <radioguy at airmail.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] Inexpensive exciter

Be careful, though...I've had a 675 in service which has twice gone bonkers
(read, spurs and garbage all up and down the band) and had to be sent back
to the factory for refurbishment and repair. There are other, better and
more modern exciters out there. You might check with Nicom or Bext, for
example. I've used the Nicom stuff and have had good luck with their
products.

Fred Morton