[BC] Inexpensive exciter

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Sun May 22 15:53:37 CDT 2005

yep...

Done the RG-58 trick myself before....

Radio Shack RG-58  works great for this  it's nice and lossy!

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Tom Bosscher <tom at bosscher.org>
Subject: Re: [BC] Inexpensive exciter

Tom Taggart wrote:

> Anyhoo, after replacing a MJ3001 for about the 3rd time, we're
> discussing  getting a new exciter.

    Tom, there is a modification to stop the blowing of the 3001's. I
thunk it has to do with the fact that the 723 is run too close to it's
upper limits. Contact the factory. I also had one go bad on me, and was
running way too much power into the IPA, so I left the site on the aux
tx (it's own exciter), went to the studio, and put some connectors on
150 feet of rg-58. Coil it up, and it makes for a great and cheap pad.
Power attenuators and dummy loads are quite cheap on Ebay, but when you
have a roll of rg-58, why not?

       tom bosscher