[BC] Campus Microwave needs

Tom Bosscher tom
Sun May 22 13:20:51 CDT 2005

       I am moving one of my stations to the campus. I will be using a
9003Q for the 44.1 uncompressed AES-EBU audio. However, I would like to
be able to have at least one, if not two, Ethernet networks at the tx
site. Even though we have fiber on campus, the tower is located in a
deep corner that would cost me money that is not in the budget to get
fiber trenched in there. What systems have you folks used that :

Can handle the short 2500 foot path.
Can have at least one, if not two networks built in.
Ports are Ethernet ready, no need for csu's etc.
Are in the licensed 5.8 band and don't require a monster antenna to be
legal?
Are there other bands that I can get licensed for? I'm worried about
shooting over the top of the campus with 5.8 due to its future growth.

    tom bosscher