[BC] PCB

Clive Warner clive
Sat May 21 18:09:27 CDT 2005

I forgot to mention one thing regarding commissioning transformers that have been in store for a long time.
Depending on the manufacture date you may find them to be filled with PCB-oil.
Such items **should** be clearly marked as such.
I'm not cognizant with the US regulations on this; if you do find PCB oil in them, I recommend you consult the appropriate recommendations before proceeding with anything like a recondition or change of oil.
Hopefully you will find the oil breakdown voltage is still adequate!
Best wishes,
Clive.