[BC] State Licensing

Fred Gleason fredg
Fri May 20 13:42:59 CDT 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 11:53, Mario Hieb, P.E. wrote:
> There are people out there who don't want you to use the title "engineer"
> unless you are licensed. Their argument is that there are life, safety and
> property issues at stake, and they have a point. These groups are large,
> powerful, well-funded and well-connected. SBE could easily get squeezed out
> of business, unless it gets proactive.

Well, perhaps the title 'engineer' could get 'squeezed out' (though I think
even that is highly unlikely), but I don't see the
whatever-it-is-we-all-are-heres on this list being put out of business
anytime soon, whatever some lobbying group may try to do about it.  If a name
change is the worst of the cost we'd have to bear for keeping the state out
of it, then I'd say:  bring it on!

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|            All bad precedents began as justifiable measures.            |
|                                       -- Julius Caesar                  |