[BC] EF Johnson Parts list request

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Fri May 20 04:08:11 CDT 2005

On 19 May 2005 at 15:14, James Peck wrote:

> I have a customer with a damaged EF Johnson Type: 4134-MS4 coil from a
> phasor on a 5 KW 3 tower array. We're trying to identify parts to create
> replacements-short of a new unit for more $. Does anyone have a parts list
> or a source for documentation on this beast? Reply off-list if you like.

Make physical measurements of the coils and calculate the inductance,
then replace with current production from Kintronics or one of the other
manufacturers (Harris or Phasetek for example). I generally go with
Kintronics because they seem to have a good stock of all the commonly
used components. Their coils are also very similar to the old EFJ's.

A phasor for a 3 tower can't be that complex. The main thing is having
current rating and enough inductance. Beyond that, there's not much to
it. If you have a little excess inductance it can be strapped out.

If I can help further, feel free to contact me off list.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037