[BC] SBE & state licensure

Barry Mishkind barry
Thu May 19 17:59:00 CDT 2005

At 03:47 PM 5/19/2005, Mario Hieb, P.E. wrote
>To survive, state licensure may be something SBE needs to do.

         I'll accept your comment, but ...

         ... to what end?

         A state license would only work of the state
         were to do something to back it up.
         The FCC would pre-empt anything a
         state could do.

         The only thing I see that a license from the
         state would accomplish is to enforce an
         apprentice program which would
         promptly and efficiently be undermined
         and abused by stations who want cheap
         labor

         Now  ... what does the SBE do in that case?