[BC] McMartin 50

Dave Hultsman reader
Thu May 19 16:18:26 CDT 2005

In a message dated 5/17/05 10:55:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:
 >What is a McMartin  BK-50?  Is that the 50 kW AM  with two  4CX20,000's Class
 >B modulating two 4CX20,000's RF in Class C?

         .... a smoking machine!

I take that as it was their 50 kW. AM....I always wanted to know who got
the car?.  The Nab the first year they showed the transmitter they actually
operated it.  No one had operated a 50 kW. AM transmitter on the floor
before.  But they also had a car in their booth.  The station that bought
the transmitter also got the sports car convertable.
How many were sold?

Dave