[BC] Re: Design Engineer TE-1 & VP50

Bob Groome bobgroome
Thu May 19 14:24:48 CDT 2005

Don't forget William Hoyt (FM design engineer)
and Bob Bush (AM design engineer).
bob
--- Phil Alexander <dynotherm at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> On 18 May 2005 at 14:16, DHultsman5 at aol.com
> wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 5/18/05 12:05:10 PM
> Central Daylight Time,
> > broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:
> > He's also the same guy who gave us the TE-1
> FM exciter and
> > the VP-100, so I'll make no further comment
> and let that speak for itself.
> > **********************
> >
> > Phil  was that Hardin Stratman?  I spent some
> time at an NAB discussing
> > matrix vs TDM stereo generators.
>
> No, Hardin WORKED in design. Which is to say he
> didn't tend to dabble
> in the flashy stuff. IIRC, he did a lot of
> design clean up and rework,
> second and third generation of model stuff.
>
> There were two in design who could be depended
> on to keep service
> running at full tilt, (if you know what I mean
> <g>) but, Strat was
> not one of them. One was essentially an RF guy
> and the other mostly
> did audio projects. Does the Gatesway II
> console ring any bells? <g>
>
> Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
> Broadcast Engineering Services and Technology
> (a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
> Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037
>

> --
> To send to the list, email:
> broadcast at radiolists.net
> For sub changes, archives and info on this
> other lists: http://www.radiolists.net/

Bob Groome
"Women and elephants never forget".                    Dorothy Parker

Home address is bobgroome at yahoo.com
Work address is bobg at jampro.com
Web: www.Jampro.com
at Jampro Antennas, Tel: 916-383-1177 Building TV & FM antennas for 50 years