[BC] Re: Design Engineer TE-1 & VP50

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu May 19 11:02:12 CDT 2005

On 18 May 2005 at 14:16, DHultsman5 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/18/05 12:05:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
> broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:
> He's also the same guy who gave us the TE-1 FM exciter and
> the VP-100, so I'll make no further comment and let that speak for itself.
> **********************
>
> Phil  was that Hardin Stratman?  I spent some time at an NAB discussing
> matrix vs TDM stereo generators.

No, Hardin WORKED in design. Which is to say he didn't tend to dabble
in the flashy stuff. IIRC, he did a lot of design clean up and rework,
second and third generation of model stuff.

There were two in design who could be depended on to keep service
running at full tilt, (if you know what I mean <g>) but, Strat was
not one of them. One was essentially an RF guy and the other mostly
did audio projects. Does the Gatesway II console ring any bells? <g>

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037