[BC] Lightning and grounding - tower differences matter?

Barry Mishkind barry
Thu May 19 09:52:52 CDT 2005

At 04:26 AM 5/19/2005, Alan Alsobrook wrote
>I can't say it does or it doesn't, but it sure seems to help. In the poly
>phasor document you have provided, it indicates that a ground for the
>array may not have been provided. What I know of the dissipater systems
>they don't work without a very solid ground. Also if you properly install
>them you will have also provided a way to control a strike should it occur.

         Alan,
         Are you saying that it is your understanding that
         this sort of prevention will work on an FM or
         grounded AM tower only, leaving insulated
         towers out of this part of the discussion?