[BC] Re: CE transmitter

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Tue May 17 21:24:23 CDT 2005

In a message dated 5/17/05 10:55:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:
I think it was a 316C, but I am not sure.  All I know is, when the exciter
blew, it took a bunch of transistors with it.  It was, of course known for
it's fidelity.  And perhaps had I taken the time to learn more about it, I
Thanks George

If it had transistors it was the 316F.  The transistors drove two 4CX15,000A
tubes in the final amplifier.  This was the FIRST  two-tube 10 kW. transmitter
and predated the Gates MW-5 and MW-10 series transmitters. Agreed the direct
coupled transistors would all avalance every now & then.

Dave

Dave