[BC] (no subject)

David Joseph w7amx
Tue May 17 17:21:31 CDT 2005

Scott,

Spend an honest 20 min per day for two weeks at it and you will get it.  If
you can set the speed, go for at least 7 WPM (barely discernable
differance), to compensate for the 'sweat' factor on the exam.  If you do
this schedule, you'll do just fine.  CW is one of those 'theraputical'
pastimes also.  You get to lock out everything while pursuing your skill,
especially on receive.  Keep up with it and you'll find yourself reading it
easier with time.  Where else can you take a half dozen parts and make a rig
(if you want) that you can use with a universal language.  Good Luck.

(oops...guess this belongs on a different list)

Dave Joseph, CBRE CBNT
W7AMX

------Original Message------
Message: 13
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:03:08 -0500
From: Scott Todd <stodd at kkms.com>
Subject: [BC] RE: [6 Meter Sked] CW vs Text Messaging
To: broadcast at radiolists.net

Yee Haw! Let's hear it for an outdated and "unuseful" communication mode.

Now if I could just get myself to use it :)

Don, W4GFQ
<<

Believe it or not, now that the FCC no longer requires more than 5WPM, I'm
actually seriously considering spending some time
to become proficient at it.  Probably have to buy some more code tapes-
don't
have a laptop I can plug into the car to generate
random CW while on the road.

Scott Todd