[BC] Worst Transmitter

khcs@juno.com khcs
Tue May 17 10:17:00 CDT 2005

Dave interjecxted:

>I guess I would have to say I think the worst FM transmitter I ever  operated or worked on was the ITA  FM5000,  FM7500 and FM10,000.

Why do you think they vcalled it "Inferior Transmitting Apparatus"?  <g>

>I think the most reliable AM transmitter i ever had as a CE  was the Raytheon RA-1000.

I think KWXY may still be running theirs.  Or they may have replaced it with a solid-state box by now.  I know they used the Raytheon for decades, but I haven't been over there since the last century.

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA