[BC] Re: SUPER MODULATION & AM STANDARDS

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue May 17 07:33:23 CDT 2005

In a message dated 05/15/2005 09:19:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dpuopolo at usa.net writes:

> when detected by an analog detector, it [digital] has a "buzz jamming"
sound,
>  which is psychoacoustically gnawing to human ears. Our ears tend to hear
> sound
>  as a whole rather then it's parts. This is how masking (perceptual coding)
>  works. The buzz saw sound draws attention to itself because of its
dominance.

When I hear it coming from WOR, it's more like a loud whooshing effect. A
very pronounced "white noise" on either side of thier signal. Can't miss it.

Willie...