[BC] The Worst Transmitter of All Time

Robert Meuser Robertm
Tue May 17 06:48:03 CDT 2005

I think you mean the 316 F. It had the direct coupled solid state exciter,
Before that there was the 316 B it used 3 4cx5000s screen modulated. It was
notorious for requiring that the interlocks be jumpered to make certain
adjustments. In between there was a model that used all ceramic tubes, I dont
remember what the letter suffix was. I also do not know if any were ever sold.
Maybe Dave Hultsman could tell us.