[BC] AOL considers weather warnings to be SPAM

Cowboy curt
Mon May 16 15:11:40 CDT 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 23:42, Barry Mishkind wrote:
> http://p2pnet.net/story/4716

 OK. The subject heading is not =exactly= correct.

 AOL has their own filtering scheme. One of the criterea,
 is a mass mailing, and usually that IS spam.

 Personally, I know of only one filter that can discriminate
 that I do want this kind of spam, but I don't want THAT kind
 of spam, and it's not the one AOL is using.

 They don't consider mass mailings of weather warnings to be spam,
 but mass mailings of weather warnings do fit many, many criterea that
 the vast majority of spam filters do flag as spam.

 They're doing the best they can, within the constraints of share-holder value.

 ( IMHO )