[BC] Houlihan's Future

FrankGott@aol.com FrankGott
Sun May 15 23:06:29 CDT 2005

The Houlihans restaurant chain sent out a news release about their new
prototype which may be of interest to Rich and some of the others.  It took a dig at
radio:

 In addition to visual changes, guests will also "hear" a difference at
Houlihan's. Leveraging music to help further define the Houlihan's brand with a
contemporary sound experience, featured music consists of carefully chosen
playlists including indie pop, modern soul, adult alternative, light electronica and
underground hip hop genres typically overlooked by mainstream radio.
 "Houlihan's playlist (the ?H list') will expose patrons to music that they
normally wouldn't hear while listening to the radio," Gulvik said. "We've
designed an eclectic mix that offers a little familiarity but a little adventure as
well, consistent with our overall dining experience." Energy level varies by
daypart and gradually increases as the restaurant moves from lunch to late
night, according to Gulvik, noting that Houlihan's playlists change monthly and
are made available to download as an iMix on Apple's iTunes website, in
addition to being featured in the menu.

I just forward it folks.  Bon apetit.

Frank