[BC] Re: Skywave

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Fri May 13 20:08:37 CDT 2005

In a message dated 5/13/05 7:19:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:
I think truck
drivers use the clear stations a lot too in the wee hours.  Ditto for
***************

I dont think that that many truckers are enamered with skywave as we old
radio people think.  Stop by any major truck stop,  they have video, XM and
Sirius, CD's and CB's why should they put up with selective skywave fading at night
for a pre programmed personality.  They can get weather from their NOAA
weather radios on their CB now, also very few of the old line clears do weather for
much more than their metro.

In my opinion if it hadn't been for Linbaugh and the resergence of talk
formats the majority of the former clears would all be religious.

Just my humble opinion, fact will remain to be developed.

Dave