[BC] Re: Lightning and grounded masts

Al Wolfe awolfe
Thu May 12 23:28:38 CDT 2005

    I believe one important point has been missed in this whole discussion.
Towers are steel and skirts tend to be copper. Lightning generally behaves
like low frequency RF. Ferris materials generally impede the flow of RF.
This being the case, one can deduce that, given a choice, lightning will
take the copper path most often. Therefore, usually the skirt takes the
brunt of the lightning bolt.

Al, retired
K9SI